save time & reduce
- Are you looking for a reputable tax preparation firm that can SAVE you MONEY and TIME while reducing risk of getting audit?
- Let us help you apply appropriate tax credits and deductions to your tax filing.
- To save you time, please review and accept our general pricing before contacting us.
- Disclosure: We do not provide free or hourly consultation to new client.
do you have the credentials & Experience to help me?
- Enrolled Agent: a tax advisor who is a federally-authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Over 20 years of tax preparation experience
- Economics degree from Haverford College
- Completed financial planning curriculum with College for Financial Planning
- Licensed as a real estate broker under CA Dept. of Real Estate
- Licensed as a mortgage broker under CA Dept. of Real Estate & NMLS
- Licensed as an insurance broker under CA Dept. of Insurance
- Hold securities licenses (Series 7, 66, 24)
- Manage an independent RIA (Registered Investment Advisor) firm
- Worked for JP Morgan Chase, AIG, CPA firms, and a few others
- Taught mathematics and economics at Archer School for Girls & LAUSD
integrate your other financial picture.
- Individual & small business (less than $240k gross income) income tax preparation
- Investment management (partner with TD Ameritrade/Charles Schwab)
- Retirement planning (MoneyGuide Pro, a powerful planning software)
- Home loan (partner with United Wholesale Mortgage, #1 wholesale lender)
- Life (MetLife, AIG, and more) and Medicare (SCAN, UnitedHealth) Insurance
File your taxes and gain a better perspective on your finances. You can save time and money and avoid miscommunication by using a single point of contact for your other financial needs. Shift the time spent managing multiple professionals managing your money to enjoying the important things in your life.
From “the killing fields” to financial educator
The founder of Gardena Financial, Kiak Tae, knows what it is like to be illiterate and poor. Kiak was born in Cambodia during “The Killing Fields” era to uneducated Chinese parents. As a young child, he and his family endured incredible hardship as they escaped the Khmer Rouge regime through the jungle, finding refuge in Thailand. Kiak was bit by a venomous snake on the journey and nearly lost his leg to the injury.
Read more about Kiak's journey
Kiak made a new start in the United States. He had no formal schooling before the age of 10. He realized he had to work harder than those with more resources. He resisted peer pressure from fellow immigrants to join the Asian gangs in the Echo Park area. Instead, as a teen, Kiak taught himself basic finance from books he found in the library.
With some encouragement from the Fulfillment Fund and a few great teachers, he went to Haverford College, received a degree in economics, pre-med, a course short of a minor in mathematic, and began working in the field of finance for JP Morgan Chase, AIG, CPA firms, and many others. In 1997, a KNBC program called “Beating the Odds” featured Kiak’s story.
He is an Enrolled Agent and holds Series 7, 66, and 24 securities licenses and Real Estate Broker, Insurance Broker, and Mortgage Broker.
His firm partners with the #1 mortgage wholesale lender (United Wholesale Mortgage), Charles Schwab, and many other Fortune 500 companies to provide “independent” service to his client.
Kiak Tae believes that everyday Americans can achieve more incredible wealth with a solid work ethic, a will, and a guiding hand. Providing financial resources and knowledge to the average American is his motivation for becoming a financial educator.
- Tax service
- Why should I hire a tax preparer?
- How can I trust you?
- How much does it cost to get my taxes prepared?
How many people enjoy filing their taxes? Even with tax filing software, the risk of filing mistakes is costly. Tax software is only as good as the information you put into it. It does not always take into account your unique situation. We can help you maximize your returns while minimizing the risk of unnecessary tax audits.
As an Enrolled Agent (or EA)—a federally-authorized tax practitioner certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, we can represent you before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Franchise Tax Board, Employment Development Department, and other taxing authorities for tax issues including audits, collections, and appeals.
The complexity and time take to complete your return determine the total cost. Standard tax returns have a set price, while more unique tax situations require a customized estimate. Contact us to get a cost estimate of our services.
- Is it cheaper to get a loan through a big-name bank than a broker?
- Isn’t a mortgage broker a middleman with higher costs than direct lenders?
- What are wholesale lenders, and how are they different than direct lenders?
- What is the difference between pre-qualified and pre-approved?
- How much house can I afford?
Generally no. Big banks have layers of overhead that include marketing costs, different levels of management compensation, employees, and shareholders. Mortgage brokers work with WHOLESALE lenders with a competitive offering and lower overhead costs. Our low-cost mortgage services have saved our clients thousands.
Yes, a mortgage broker is a middleman. So are big banks. What stands between you and the banks are their layers of employees and costs. What stands between you and our WHOLESALE lenders are mortgage brokers.
Wholesale and direct lenders originate loans, package them, and generally sell them to Wall Street.
Wholesale lenders reduce their marketing and loan-processing costs by working with mortgage brokers. The rates they provide to mortgage brokers tend to be lower than those of direct lenders, and the broker marks them up to compensate for his work.
Direct lenders tend to incur marketing and loan-processing costs. These costs are passed down to the buyer directly.
In the end, the cost to you is likely the same. As a mortgage broker, we add value not necessarily by slashing loan prices but by looking at your situation holistically. We can lock in a great interest rate on your loan AND help you avoid potential tax and other financial mistakes.
Pre-qualification is the first step in the mortgage process. A lender will get basic information on your income, debts, and general creditworthiness to give you a quote on loan.
Pre-approval is the next step to provide financial documents such as tax returns, bank statements, and pay stubs. The lender performs a credit check at this stage.
We recommend you sit down with a financial professional to factor in other variables unique to your situation. Most financial professionals recommend keeping your housing expenses (loan payment, property tax, and home insurance cost) to less than 28% of your gross income. We can provide this service.
8It will be based on the complexity of your tax filing situation and how cooperative you will be. Our minimum filing fee is $350, with most paying between $485 to $895.
We work with wholesale lenders. Generally, the difference between wholesale lending and retail rates compensates us.
It will vary depending on the program we mutually agree to use. Some will be fee-based, while others will be commission-based. Regardless, we offer you options without conflicting with your interest.
- What kinds of insurance do you offer?
- Why should we buy through your company?
- Should I review my old life insurance policy?
Medicare Advantage plans
Long-term care insurance.
Generally yes. If you have no dependents, you may not need life insurance anymore. Or perhaps you need a policy with different coverage. Our agent can fit you with the insurance products that give you peace of mind and fit your budget.
- Who we work with
- Family oriented
- Investment management
- Near retirement
- Financial guidance
- Collaborative view
Our clients tend to view money as a means, not an end. They value family over money.
Our investment management clients usually have investible assets of over $200,000.
Our clients approaching retirement are usually within six years from actually retiring and have investable assets over $200,000.
Our financial guidance clients usually have over $20,000 saved and regularly save $800+ per month outside of 401(k) type programs. They are willing to pay an annual retainer.
Our clients view us as part of their team and trust our recommendations.
- Should I contribute to a Roth or Traditional IRA?
- I am approaching retirement. Can you help me with applying for my Social Security?
- I am concerned about medical costs. How can I plan for medical care during retirement?
- My friend told me I should buy long-term care insurance. Is this a good idea?
The best way to answer your question is to run a tax projection based on your current level and projected retirement income.
We can go over Social Security retirement age, applying for Social Security, how much you will get, the taxation of your benefits, and many more. This requires you to be our tax preparation client.
Medical costs are highly dependent on your health and insurance situation. We can go over the medical insurance options you have during retirement and what additional costs you can anticipate. You must engage with our retirement planning service.
It depends on your financial resources, age, health, and how you manage your risks. We can help you discuss this issue.
- With what retirement issues can you help?
- Are you a traditional financial folk who talk about numbers all day long?
- Will I owe taxes on my rollover?
- What do I need to roll over my retirement account??
If you are about five years from retirement, we can help you evaluate how financially ready you will be. We can explain what options you will have with your Social Security and/or Pension plan. Here are some questions we can answer:
- How do you maximize your retirement income?
- How much taxes will you incur from withdrawing your retirement accounts?
- What healthcare planning should you be aware of before retiring?
No. Life is not all about money. Your happiness is ultimately about your Life’s driven purpose, whether in retirement or not, and with your definition of retirement. You can have this psychological and philosophical discussion with us. Then we can design financial vehicles to allow you to live your Life to the fullest.
Generally, you will not incur a tax liability if you correctly complete rollover procedures. We are familiar with this process. Contact us for help.
We can walk you through this process, reducing your potential mistakes.
- Do you provide investment consultation?
- Investment Clients We Don't Work Well
- People who follow markets all day.
- Peple who want us to buy stock on hearsay.
- People who constantly poke holes in advice.
- People who are fee sensitive.
- People who always second guess our plan.
Unfortunately, we do not provide hourly investment consultation.
They cannot stick to a disciplined approach to investing and allow short-term swings in the market to affect their long-term financial plan.
We focus on long-term planning and investment and do not provide a stock trading service.
A do-it-yourself kind of person will likely and constantly find ways to do something better, and therefore will likely not like their current plan.
We don’t work well with people who want professional advice but are very fee-sensitive.
Trust is essential. It derails our planning when a person continues to second guess our recommendation because of outside influences.
What is an Enrolled Agent?
An Enrolled Agent is a tax advisor who is a federally-authorized tax practitioner certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Enrolled Agents represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service for tax issues, including audits, collections, and appeals.
What is an Investment Adviser Representative?
An IAR is a professional working for a registered investment advisory firm and has passed a security test to offer investment advice. Kiak Tae holds Series 7, 66, and 24
What is NMLS Mortgage Loan Originators?
Mortgage licensed professionals who are authorized to help consumers originate loans. Kiak Tae is licensed as a real estate broker as well. These are just three of the five credentials Gardena Financial holds.
Call The Office
Gardena, CA 90247