what’s the cost of tax preparation?
- For California, most quality tax firms (tax preparers with at least 10 years tax preparation experience, often Enrolled Agents and/or CPAs) will charge the following:
- Non-itemized 1040 + 1 state return = $250 to $275
- Itemized 1040 + 1 state return = $365 t0 $450
- These costs does not include additional forms and/or complexity
- Our firm bills within the ranges listed above
how Do i know if am not paying too much?
Without calling at least 10 tax places and trying to sort out tax sweatshops from quality tax firms, it’s hard. Each person will give you a different price. To help you, here are firms with similar credentials and/or experience charge.
Why do some tax places charge less than the averages? They likely…
- prepare many tax returns, a “tax sweatshop”
- focus on quantity rather than quality
- are not be very professional and you end up wasting time
- lack experience and/or credentials
- make lots of mistakes
- won’t have time to double and triple check your tax return for deductions, credits, and other benefits
According to the IRS, “The IRS reminds taxpayers to be careful when selecting a tax professional. Though most tax professionals provide honest, high-quality service, a minority of dishonest preparers operate each filing season perpetrating refund fraud, identity theft, and other scams that hurt innocent taxpayers.”
should I prepare my own taxes?
- This depends on your opportunity cost
- If you add all of the costs below, your total is likely over $500
- Tax software average cost is $63
- Your time, the IRS estimated about 13 hours to prepare your own tax return
- If your salary is $50k/year, then your 13 hours cost you $312
- Plus, what deductions, credits, and other benefits might you be missing?
What is your tax preparation process?
Step 1: Pay a retainer (after paying a retainer, we will set up your own private folder)
Step 2: Fill out an organizer (telling us about your situation via a checklist) & sign an engagement letter
Step 3: Upload your source documents (W-2, 1099, etc.)
Step 4: Schedule an appointment to go over your tax return & pick up your final return
Who are your ideal clients?
- Professional with good follow-through or need lots of handholding but willing to pay for extra help
People who are looking and willing to pay for quality of service
People who understand the power and value of our ability to employ and integrate different financial components, leading to potential money and time-saving strategies
People who value relationships for the long term rather than a quick transaction
what is so unique about your service?
Yes, we’ll prepare your tax. And you likely will save time and money because of our interdisciplinary financial credentials and experience listed below. Start with our tax service and build from there.
1. Tax accountant (Enrolled Agent)
2. Financial advisor (Serie 7, 66, 24, RIA)
3. Mortgage broker (CA Dept. of Real Estate & NMLS)
4. Real estate broker (CA Dept. of Real Estate )
5. Insurance broker (CA Dept. of Insurance for risk management)
Credentials (3 of 5)
What is an Enrolled Agent?
What is an Investment Adviser Representative?
What are NMLS Mortgage Loan Originators?
Call The Office
Gardena, CA 90247